We have been breeding and exhibiting Rhodesian Ridgebacks for over 34 years, producing well over 50 Conformation and Field Champions. HPK-Tropaco is proud to have provided the foundation stock to a few dedicated individuals that are now making their own mark in the breed, both in the U.S. and Canada, as well as Europe. David Hayek is an AKC licensed Conformation and Lure Coursing Judge. Helen Hayek has extensive veterinary experience, and has judged multiple Sweepstakes and Matches, including the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States National Specialty Puppy and Veteran Sweepstakes in Utah, 2006.
To produce physically representative Rhodesian Ridgebacks that are healthy, friendly and confident. To that end we only feed and recommend a raw diet consisting of fresh uncooked raw meaty bones mixed with appropriate vegetables and supplements. We are meticulous about breeding friendly and outgoing Rhodesian Ridgebacks.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States Breeder of the Year - 2011
- Breeder/Owner of the Sire of the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States National Specialty Winner - 2016 , GCH CJS Ranch Sundance Kid HPK-Tropaco
- Breeder/Co-Owner of the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States National Specialty Puppy Sweepstakes Winners dog - 2014
- Breeder and Owners of several top ranked Stud Dogs and Brood Bitches in the U.S. for multiple years
- Breeder/Co-Breeders of Multiple Specialty Winning and Group Winning Rhodesian Ridgebacks
- Breeder of the Number One Rhodesian Ridgeback in Canada 2007, 2008, and 2009
- Co/Breeder of the Number One AKC Rhodesian Ridgeback in the U.S. - 2012
- Breeder of the top five Rhodesian Ridgeback duo in the U.S from 2011 - 2016.
We strive to protect and build upon the qualities of type, temperament and versatility of the Rhodesian Ridgeback.